ISO 27001 Auditing
Your processes keep you secure
The true purpose of internal audits for ISO 27001 is to ensure that your management system is effective.
Your Processes are Your Most Valuable Assets
The important thing about a 27001 internal audit is that the purpose of the audit is to ensure that the management system is effective. It is not specifically about checking security. The management system is supposed to ensure that security is effective and thus so long as the management system is working then the organization should be appropriately secure. It’s not that security is not looked at, after all the state of security was “caused” by the management system and thus it will reflect its health. But intensive security auditing, possibly appropriate for other reasons, is not the goal of ISO 27001.
Cavendish Scott has 25 years of experience auditing management systems. We are process experts, have wide-ranging experience, and understand the needs of information security. We provide objective evidence of problems, alerting management before the ISO auditor finds issues but we also provide subjective suggestions based on experience and supported by evidence of improvements, streamlining, or strengthening conformance. We save you the problem of finding internal resources, training them and still worrying about how thorough and effective they are. We provide the assurance that your ISO certification is safe and that your organization is appropriately secure. Contact us to find out how you can get that assurance.
- Precise, careful auditing to ensure thorough and effective management systems
- Professional, skilled, and knowledgeable auditors with an appreciation of the impacts of failures
- Attention to detail that identifies potential systemic issues before the external audit date
- Confidence in the system to assure management their organization is safe
- A positive balance between the business needs of the organization with the need to operate support management systems
- A focus on continual improvement that brings the experience of many management situations leading to tangible growth in the operation of ISO systems
Organizations frequently outsource critical activities to professional subcontractors. Cavendish Scott provides internal auditing for hundreds of organizations, thus giving management confidence and assurance of continued certification while keeping everyone in the organization safe.