The Denver Museum of Nature and Science
$1,100 including all materials
This course is designed to train your internal audit team. It covers a lot of the same content as the full ISO 14001:2015 EMS Lead Auditor training course, but is less intensive and more practical especially for in-house auditors. It also references the Colorado ELP (Environmental Leadership Program) as well as ISO 14001:2015 (or a combination) as a basis for the course. This state run program is another great way of taking credit for your environmental performance.
This is the most comprehensive and intensive learning environment available to fully prepare you for your own ISO management system program.
This course is fully compliant with the ISO 14001:2015/ELP requirements and expectations and covers techniques and skills for auditing leadership and management, strategic issues, context, risk, opportunity, knowledge, etc.
This is the course designed to meet all your ISO internal auditing and support needs.
- Gives you an in-depth knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001:2015/ELP so you will be better able to develop, implement, maintain and audit your own management system – makes your ISO 14001:2015/ELP management system program so much easier to implement and maintain.
- Brings ISO skills in-house to better handle certification body auditors.
- Formal auditor qualification improves your professional status.
- Demonstrates organizational commitment to your management system, especially to certification bodies.
- Activity based training allows better understanding and better prepares you for auditing management systems and dealing with your registrars’ auditors.
- Substantial group exercises to keep the learning lively and effective.
- Interaction and exchange of ideas with professionals from other organizations, with different experiences and areas of expertise to enhance your own understanding.
- Understanding of the new requirements and the way they are audited allows for planning the transition of your own EMS to ISO 14001:2015.
- Understand the context of the new ISO standard, the changes to requirements, and the major expectations it brings to your EMS. Understand the key differences to ELP.
- Review requirements in the context of auditing skills and activities to ensure understanding and proficiency with new and different auditing techniques.
- Ensure knowledgeable and skilled auditors capable of understanding the ISO 14001:2015 requirements expectations and new EMS structure and capable of new auditing techniques to be able to effectively audit to the requirements of the new standard.
- Environmental Management System Leaders – Managers, Supervisors, Management Representatives
- Environmental Management System Specialists – Auditors, Project Leaders, Implementation Leaders
- Internal auditors –audit team members
The course is significantly activity based and includes frequent practical exercises, group-work, and role-playing to maximize the understanding and attention span. Discussions are facilitated at a mature and respectful level. This interactive learning environment is designed to help you undertake professional audits and provide you with practical skills to add value to your EMS program.
This course is taught by experienced instructors who are currently working in the development, implementation and auditing of ISO 14001:2015 management systems. All instructors are professional registered and certified ISO auditors and have practical, real life experience with the application and interpretation of ISO to help you with specific questions and problems. These instructors have experienced thousands of good and bad management systems and can communicate practical solutions and best practices.
- Preparation exercises
- Understanding the structure of the EMS and the process approach expected by the ISO 14001:2015 standard (and ELP and a common sense, best practice approach)
- Understanding the expectations of the ISO 14001 standard (leadership, process approach, risk based thinking, limited documentation, etc.)
- Audit Planning and Preparation (document review, checklists, planning)
- Effective Audit technique (with emphasis on techniques needed to audit ISO 14001:2015 -, Top Management auditing, purpose, strategic direction, internal and external issues, risk and opportunity auditing)
- Developing and using audit checklists
- Realistic exercises
- Generating meaningful audit and nonconformance reports
- Practical corrective actions
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
This course runs from 8:30am – 4:30pm over 3 days with an hour for lunch and periodic short breaks.
It is expected that attendees will be familiar with the concepts of EMS and the process approach. Also, that they will have read and be acquainted with the ISO 14001:2015 standard or ELP requirements. Preparation materials can be provided so that anyone can attend this class.
Sign up for informative newsletters
We regularly send out the latest information about what is happening in the ISO world, useful tips and tricks, training opportunities and other information.