This course meets IRCA criteria to qualify and transition current IRCA ISO QMS Auditors/Lead Auditors to be able to audit the new ISO 9001:2015 QMS standard. It covers the changes to the requirements, the new expectations, and the different auditing skills and knowledge that are essential to audit this new style of management system standard.
Not only is the course mandatory to transition your professional qualification and maintain your status in this new ISO world, but it provides new skills and knowledge that are essential to being successful with ISO 9001:2015.
This is the most comprehensive and intensive learning environment available to fully transition you for ISO management system auditing and to ready you for auditing to ISO 9001:2015.
- IRCA recognized and certified course
- Exemplar Global Recognized (by organizational MLA)
- Mandatory to maintain your professional status
- Content specifically designed for auditors. Addresses all auditor transition requirements in a single course.
- Gives you an in-depth knowledge of the changes to requirements of ISO 9001:2015 so you will be better able to develop, implement, maintain and audit your own management system – makes your ISO 9001:2015 management system program so much easier to implement and maintain.
- Brings ISO skills in-house to better handle certification body auditors.
- Demonstrates organizational commitment to your management system, especially to certification bodies.
- Activity based training allows better understanding and better prepares you for auditing management systems and dealing with your registrars’ auditors.
- Substantial group exercises to keep the learning lively and effective.
- Interaction and exchange of ideas with professionals from other organizations, with different experiences and areas of expertise to enhance your own understanding.
- Understanding of the new requirements and the way they are audited allows for planning the transition of your own ISO 9001 QMS.
- Understand the context of the new standard, the changes to requirements, and the major expectations it brings to your QMS.
- Review requirements in the context of auditing skills and activities to ensure understanding and proficiency with new and different auditing techniques.
- Ensure knowledgeable and skilled auditors capable of understanding the ISO 9001:2015 requirements, expectations and new QMS structure and capable of new auditing techniques to be able to effectively audit to the requirements of the new standard.
- IRCA Professional auditors – Certification body personnel, lead auditors and team members
- Internal ISO 9001 lead auditors and audit team members
- Anyone who needs to upgrade their knowledge and skills of auditing in the context of ISO 9001:2015
The course is significantly activity based and includes frequent practical exercises, group-work, and role-playing to maximize the understanding and attention span. Discussions are facilitated at a mature and respectful level. This interactive learning environment is designed to help you undertake professional audits and provide you with practical skills to add value to your ISO program.
This course is taught by experienced instructors who are currently working in the development, implementation and auditing of ISO 9001:2015 management systems. All instructors are professional registered and certified ISO auditors and have practical, real life experience with the application and interpretation of ISO to help you with specific questions and problems. These instructors have experienced thousdands of good and bad management systems and can communicate practical solutions and best practices
- Preparation exercises
- Understanding the structure of management system standards controlled by Annex SL (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, Etc.)
- The new expectations of the standard (leadership, process approach, risk based thinking, documentation and records)
- Scope and applicability (exclusions)
- Changes to the ISO 9001 requirements from the 2008 version to the new 2015 version
- New processes (organization purpose, strategic direction, context, internal and external issues, interested parties, risk and opportunities, change management, knowledge, communication, etc.)
- New auditing skills – new sources of information, auditing without documents/procedures, top management/leadership, auditing business strategy, auditing context, risk, etc.
- Audit skills practice – checklists, evaluation of evidence, planning, scope, checklists, interview technique, report writing
This course is divided into two separate modules. Module 1 covers auditing skills and knowledge associated with the management system requirements included in Annex SL. Module 2 covers the management system requirements that are relevant to 9001:2015 including changes to annex SL elements. IRCA has specified that both modules have to be successfully completed in order to qualify for transition from ISO 9001:2008 auditor to ISO 9001:2015 audit. Note that it is possible to upgrade additional qualifications without repeating the annex SL module 1 content.
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
This course runs from 8am – 5pm over 2 days with an hour for lunch and periodic short breaks.
PRE-COURSE KNOWLEDGE, CONTINUAL ASSESSMENT AND EXAMINATION
It is expected that attendees will be familiar with the concepts of QMS and the process approach, Also that they will have read and be acquainted with the ISO 9001:2015 standard. Preparation materials can be provided. To successfully pass this class, the attendee must be present for the duration of the two modules of training, pass the continual assessment of their skills performance and complete a 30 minute knowledge examination at the end of the training.
IRCA approved certificates will be provided to all attendees.
In practice it is impossible to take all of your organization’s management out for training. By bringing the course in house to your organization, training fees are minimized, your expenses for sending personnel to public training are non-existent and management can make it! We also customize the training for you in your current situation. We use examples of your documentation for examples and exercises, we discuss your scenarios and identify best practices and solutions appropriate to you. This is an excellent approach that will provide better, less expensive training and more specific benefits directly to your organization and your ISO program.
COURSE HOSTING (not available for all courses)
If attendees from other companies are allowed in your organization, then hosting a course can be even more cost effective. We discount your course fees for every additional attendee that you allow us to place in the course you are hosting. If you find potential attendees (e.g., among your supplier base) then we will give you an even bigger discount. We’ll handle all the administration and even help you offer the course (at discounted rates) to your suppliers. We understand that not only is ISO important to your organization, but this is a great opportunity to get more involved with your suppliers about a subject that is likely to benefit you both in the long run. Course Administration and Pricing Please email with any questions and to confirm current pricing information. Course size and availability may be restricted so contact us now to guarantee your course and place.
Successful completion of this course (17083), certificated by the IRCA registration governing board, satisfies the
formal transition training requirements for individuals seeking to transition their auditor registration under the IRCA Auditor Registration Schemes.
Register Now and Invoice Me ($950):